Brother MFC-J985DW XL Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The Brother Inkjet MFC J985DW XL is one of the easiest to use printers presently on the marketplace. A 2.7″ touchscreen screen makes navigating the powerful functions instilled in the MFC J985DW a wind. Brother INKvestment shade cartridges are innovative as well as affordable service for any company. You can publish 2400 web pages in black. The MFC-J985DW XL determines 6.8 by 16.5 by 13.4 inches (HWD) and evaluates 18.3 pounds. Its tray can holds 100 sheets of letter-size paper or 20 sheets of 4-by-6 picture paper.
A single-sheet multi-purpose feeder can deal with paper, card stock, or an envelope paper. There’s an auto-duplexer for printing on MFC-J985DW XL both sides of a sheet of paper. For scanning, it has both a letter-size flatbed as well as a 20-sheet automatic file feeder (ADF) that can scan paper approximately legal dimension. A 2.7-inch touch display is built into the front panel. MFP functions consist of printing and faxing from, in addition to scanning to, a COMPUTER, even over a network without pc, and functioning as a standalone photocopier and fax machine. It can check to email making use of the email program on your COMPUTER.
General outcome top quality for the MFC-J985DW in our screening was ordinary for an inkjet, with a somewhat below-par message and graphics, as well as above-par pictures. Still, the text must be good enough for any kind of business function besides those requiring tiny font styles. Graphics are good enough for much internal company use and perhaps for PowerPoint handouts, yet except official records. It succeeded in distinguishing in-between zones of similar shades. Extremely slim, visible lines were barely noticeable, and also numerous backgrounds appeared a little faded. The majority of our test prints, consisting of a monochrome photo, turned out well. The one issue of note was that there was a loss of detail in a couple of great locations.
Brother MFC-J985DW XL Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother MFC-J985DW XL Driver Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother MFC-J985DW XL Installation For Windows
- Select Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother MFC-J985DW XL Driver and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother MFC-J985DW XL
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother MFC-J985DW XL Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].