Brother MFC-J825DW Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The Brother MFC-J825DW has a low and wide stance, with a top-mounted flatbed scanner and an automatic document feeder. The scalloped front of the printer houses the aforementioned 3.3-inch color touchscreen, versatile buttons, and a fax keypad. The touchscreen sits on a tilting hinge so that the printer can be used from different angles – an average person could see the MFC-J825DW’s screen on everything but the top shelf of a bookshelf. Further down the front of the printer are several slots for memory cards and USB flash drives – you don’t need to connect the Brother MFC-J825DW to a computer if you are printing photos directly from your computer. Digital camera. SD cards are supported, including SDXC, all Memory Sticks, and MultiMedia, covering most of the digital cameras on the market.
The printer platform is an area where the Brother MFC-J825DW shoots. It’s removable, which is excellent, and there’s a nifty sliding tab to switch between photo paper and plain paper. Still, the overall capacity of the printer is small – you can only fit 100 sheets of plain paper with its —20 sheets of photo paper. Even with the fully loaded automatic document feeder, the entire print can only hold 135 sheets of paper. The Brother MFC-J825DW comes with a starter ink set of approximately 80% capacity. However, after completing the initial printer cleaning, test printing, and setup process, you can expect it to be even lower. We don’t like the practice of including starter cartridges with a printer, but since this Brother is well above $ 200, we certainly would have preferred a full complement.
Print quality is no better than fair, with some blurring to black text when viewed closely. The draft font is very different from the regular font and has enough points that you want to reserve it for internal documents. Double-sided pages do not suffer from the reduction in size shown by other machines compared to single-sided pages. Color graphics, while smooth and without bands, have a somewhat light tint and is much worse with a color copy, when vivid colors start to look washed out. Photo prints look a bit bland too. You can’t blame Brother for the functionality the MFC-J825DW offers – duplex printing, direct CD / DVD printing, and easy printing and scanning from a mobile device are welcome. However, photo printing is still tricky, and the main concern is print quality, which is not as good as most of the machine’s major competitors.
Brother MFC-J825DW Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother MFC-J825DW Drivers Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother MFC-J825DW Drivers Installation For Windows
- Select Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother MFC-J825DW Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother MFC-J825DW
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother MFC-J825DW Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].