Brother MFC-J6710DW Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – As usual, like all Brother multifunction printers and displays, this MFC-J6710DW also has an excellent and rugged build quality. While the huge size is big enough that you run out of space on your desk, the printer is very well designed to accommodate all functions in the most compact chassis possible. The housing of this printer is made of durable plastic with a matte finish exterior in a beautiful black color. Installation of the MFC-J6710DW is accessible on both PCs and Macs. USB, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet connectivity option are provided, as are Memory Stick, SD, and USB / PictBridge ports. Brother also includes software to support all multifunction tasks; it is useful in appearance but extremely efficient and capable.
The control panel and the overall layout are very efficient; all buttons are well located for easy access. If you are still sending a fax, you will appreciate the speed dial buttons on the left side of the panel. The 3.3-inch LCD generally has thoughtful menus, though it will sometimes allow you to guess whether a menu entry is a command or leads to a sub-menu. The HTML configuration interface is also easy to use. A 3.3-inch wide retractable color LCD screen is located towards the upper front of the MFC-J6710DW, which is part of the large control panel. The control panel consists of large, well-spaced rubber buttons. The extreme front has the USB port, which doubles as a PictBridge port for connecting digital cameras. Next to it is also the multimedia card reader that allows you to print or scan documents and photos.
The output quality of the MFC-J6710DW can be good overall, but only if you add a little more effort, paper, and ink. With the default setting on plain paper, color graphics (including copies) look significantly faded, to the point where we wonder why Brother had set the bar so low. Switching to a higher quality setting significantly improved the results. Brother’s brilliant photographic output was rich, on the verge of oversaturation. Text is pretty good in standard mode and has near laser edges at best settings, but it’s incredibly low in draft mode. Regardless of the locations, monochrome text and graphics tend to be dark gray instead of black.
Brother MFC-J6710DW Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother MFC-J6710DW Drivers Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother MFC-J6710DW Drivers Installation For Windows
- Select Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother MFC-J6710DW Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother MFC-J6710DW
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother MFC-J6710DW Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].