Brother MFC-J6510DW Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The J6510DW has an impressive feature set. You can connect to your computer or home network via USB, Wi-Fi, or Ethernet, print on both sides of the paper with your option of duplex printing, or directly from your camera with PictBridge. Fax, scan and photocopy up to A3 size, offering improved scan resolution of up to 19,200 dpi and a print resolution of up to 6,000 x 1,200 dpi. The paper tray is complemented by a sheet feeder on the back, which is excellent for photo paper and lightweight cards, but unfortunately only takes up one page at a time. Four ink tanks (CMYK) are required, so there is no second black tank with pigment ink for the text.
The top surface of the machine features a 35-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) with a folding feed tray, which is both high-gloss and highly static, attracting every tiny particle of dust. The control panel is well laid out; there is plenty of room thanks to the wide front of the machine. The far left is dedicated to a set of 16 quick access fax numbers and buttons to access certain printing functions, such as double-sided printing and copying. Immediately to the left of the 83mm widescreen LCD panel are four illuminated mode buttons, and to its right are the usual cross-navigation buttons, a numeric keypad for dialing, and start and stop buttons for scan and copy work.
The print quality of the MFC-J6510DW is again roughly the same as that of the older brother of the machine. Text printing is fuzzy around the edges and heavy on the page. Color graphics are brilliant, and black-on-color text registration is accurate. Photographic prints are better than some, with sound reproduction of different color tones, albeit with a slight red cast. We were able to find a slightly cheaper source for the ink cartridges, which have two yields than when we reviewed the old machine, and of course, these costs can apply to both printers and cartridges Identical. We calculated an ISO black page cost of 1.8p and a color ISO page cost of 5.5p, both of which are very competitive with our competition.
See Also: Brother MFC-J6710DW Drivers Software Download
Brother MFC-J6510DW Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother MFC-J6510DW Drivers Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother MFC-J6510DW Drivers Installation For Windows
- Select Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
How To Uninstall Brother MFC-J6510DW Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother MFC-J6510DW
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother MFC-J6510DW Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].