Brother MFC-J5620DW Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The black and somewhat boxy MFC-J5620DW is a low-profile inkjet printer. It’s not exactly small – with the paper tray fully extended, its footprint is as large as a bulky laser. Yet impressively, Brother has managed to fit a full A3 paper feed into that space, something few printers can claim. Connecting to a wireless network and accessing the main functions of the MFC-J5620DW is very easy. Everything is done through a generously sized color touch screen interface, which we found entirely intuitive to use. Print quality does not meet laser standards. Black and white text in standard print mode was perfectly legible, but the Brother MFC-J5620DW didn’t win any awards for handwriting – inconsistent lettering made our documents look a bit crude.
You can also alleviate this problem by switching to high-quality print mode, which produces sharp text, but the print speed drops to around 1.4 ppm. It’s nice to have the option, but most of the time, it’s better to live standard. The MFC-J5620DW can connect to a PC via a USB cable or to a network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi. It also supports Wi-Fi Direct, which enables direct printing between compatible devices without the need to go through an Access Point. It supports Apple AirPrint, Brother iPrint & Scan, Google Cloud Print, and Cortado WorkPlace for printing from mobile devices.
The front panel of the printer has a bright 3.7-inch touchscreen and touch buttons. On-screen menus make it easy to set up Wi-Fi printing, allowing you to print from PCs, mobile devices, and Brother clouds services. It also provides access to some features such as two-sided identity copying, poster creation, book copying, and business template creation. You can also register shortcuts for scan, copy, or fax settings. Graphics quality is lower than we would expect in this category. Many illustrations show bands, a regular stripe pattern. Most of the backgrounds looked a bit washed out. The thin colored lines did not look right, and in some cases, they were lost entirely. Charts are suitable for most internal business uses, but not those you would use for official reports or PowerPoint documents.
See Also: Brother DCP-385C Drivers Download
Brother MFC-J5620DW Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother MFC-J5620DW Drivers Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother MFC-J5620DW Drivers Installation For Windows
- Select the Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother MFC-J5620DW Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother MFC-J5620DW
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother MFC-J5620DW Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].