Brother MFC-J497DW Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The Brother Smart Series MFC-J497DW is easy to link, portable, economical, and filled with functions and also functionality to assist increase efficiency in your home, office, dormitory, or small office. This cordless color inkjet all-in-one supplies high-quality outcomes, allows you dependably Print, copy, scan, and fax, as well as makes it possible for cordless smartphone printing from your desktop, Laptop computer, smartphone or tablet computer (needs a connection to a cordless network). Use the automated record feeder and also 100-sheet capability paper tray for generous results without constant monitoring and also help save paper with automated duplex (2-sided) printing. Cloud connectivity lets you scan-to preferred cloud services straight from the printer (needs a Web connection and an account with preferred solution).
You can set up the MFC-J497DW as well as carry out walkup procedures from its busy (as well as somewhat complicated-looking) control panel. It consists of great deals of switches, a number pad, a collection of navigating arrowhead keys, and an OK button for carrying out commands– as well as a non-touch-sensitive 1.8-inch shade LCD. Compared to several of Brother’s (and others’) very glossy control panels concentrated on a big touch display, this panel isn’t all that efficient-looking. Yet Brother has relied upon this old staple for a couple of years, and it functions well.
The MFC-J497DW prints excellent-looking message with well-rounded and also bright personalities to extremely tiny font dimensions. (The quality cutoff depends mainly on the font style itself.) Everyday serif and sans-serif typefaces looked excellent to about 4 to 5 points, and decorative fonts held their form down to regarding 7 or 8 factors. The latter is alright since you generally wouldn’t use them for much apart from headings and callouts. Organization graphics look good, primarily. As with its a little higher-end MFC-J895DW and MFC-J690DW siblings, the MFC-J497DW does show the occasional problem in business-graphics results, such as minor banding and also a little spotting in dark backgrounds.
Brother MFC-J497DW Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother MFC-J497DW Driver Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother MFC-J497DW Installation For Windows
- Select Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother MFC-J497DW Driver and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother MFC-J497DW
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother MFC-J497DW Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].