Brother MFC-J480DW Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The Brother MFC-J480DW provides excellent efficiency and a great mix of business-class attributes, consisting of faxing ability, a paper loader as well as duplex printing. Brother’s inexpensive all-in-one is likewise among the fastest all-in-one printers we have checked in the $100-and-below cost band. However, the MFC-J480DW’s image result will not please those with significant picture printing demands. The Brother MFC-J480DW showed up to have the weakest develop the quality of the all-in-one printers we evaluated. From the plastic covering to the switches, the device feels more affordable than its $100 cost; it advised us of an old-school facsimile machine.
Below the control panel, the only paper tray is among Brother’s slightly flimsy-feeling cassettes, without multipurpose feed and a leading cover which is likewise the outcome tray, providing a pull-out extension and also flip-over paper quit. There are no memory-card slots or a front panel USB socket for printing from cameras or USB drives. Setting Up the Brother MFC-J480DW was reasonably straightforward. The first printer configuration took a reasonable 5 minutes and 30 secs from initial power-on to ready-to-print. There was a little nuisance in the ink cartridge installation (not included while figure).
Establishing the tool for Wi-Fi printing includes just a bit more time. Also, it’s essential to get in the password utilizing the numerical keypad, which is as tricky as texting on a traditional cellphone. With Wi-Fi printing made it possible for, you can print to the MFC-J480DW from not only Computers but also mobile phones and Brother’s cloud printing solutions. A single-page colour copy from the scanner glass took a creditable 24s, though a five-page mono one from the ADF took a more sluggish 1:16. 15 x 10cm picture can print completed in 1:45 from a PC, but took a disappointingly lengthy 4:10 from an Android smart device.
Brother MFC-J480DW Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother MFC-J480DW Driver Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother MFC-J480DW Installation For Windows
- Select Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother MFC-J480DW Driver and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother MFC-J480DW
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother MFC-J480DW Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].