Brother MFC-5840CN Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – Brother MFC-5840CN uses a host of features perfect for workplace tasks. Besides offering built-in networking, the device allows you to go down 35 sheets right into its automated file feeder or lift the cover to scan more essential papers, such as publications. Double paper trays allow you to pack different kinds of print media in each– state, 250 sheets of plain paper in the reduced drawer and image paper in the flimsy upper cassette. The MFC-5840CN’s four inks can be found in specific cartridges. Though the inks are all dye-based, message printing is dark. Nevertheless, taking into consideration that this is an office-oriented MFP, we were disappointed with message quality: Lettering looked spidery, small fonts disappeared into fuzz, and white horizontal lines showed up in the strong parts of large characters.
Pictures published on simple paper looked plain and also rinsed, generating gray complexion, and they revealed some of the most intense bandings we have seen. Images printed on shiny paper looked bright, with a minor (but not unpleasant) yellow-green cast. Fine information appeared even in darkness, and also shade changes blended efficiently. Scan top quality sufficed. However, it didn’t stick out from that of contending MFPs. Total time over a network was 58 minutes 5 seconds, the 2nd slowest speed we have seen for an inkjet AIO. Over a USB connection, it sped up to 30:54, which is still two times.
Result high quality is irregular, giving the MFC-5440cn reasonably low ratings for an inkjet. Text gained a great ranking, with one extremely elegant typeface needing 12 factors for simple readability and one more needing 10 points, yet with most font styles conveniently legible at 5 points or smaller. Similarly, most images were excellent or exceptional. However, a unique tint in a monochrome photo held the overall score to the high end of perfect. Graphics were only at the high-end of reasonable, mostly due to banding and irregular fills.
See Also: Brother MFC-5860CN Drivers Software Download
Brother MFC-5840CN Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother MFC-5840CN Drivers Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother MFC-5840CN Drivers Installation For Windows
- Select Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother MFC-5840CN Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother MFC-5840CN
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother MFC-5840CN Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].