Brother MFC-5490CN Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The Expert Series MFC-5490cn all-in-one is best for your everyday business applications – presentations, spreadsheets, records, as well as more. Save time with ignored fax, duplicate as well as scan using the sizeable 50-sheet capacity auto file feeder as well as high volume paper taking care of with as much as 150-sheets. Determining 440x403x222mm, the Bro MFC5490CN isn’t the sleekest looking tool we have evaluated, yet it does supply a variety of different functions. PictBridge connection implies individuals can publish their digital breaks from the gadget without the requirement for a PC, as well as it also benefits from a compact flash port, three-in-one card reader, and USB port, along with a 50-sheet record feeder on the top of the tool, to make copying more comfortable and also a direct scan to PDF feature.
While we found the majority of the Bro MFC5490CN’s set-up very easy, we did discover that it was a little bit fiddly to set-up the ink cartridges. When you have opened up the product packaging, you require to turn the green dial on the cartridge clockwise up until it clicks and afterward entirely get rid of the dial as well as its yellow casing. We discovered we needed to pull rather hard to remove these parts. Nonetheless, as quickly as we would undoubtedly insert the cartridges, the Sibling MFC5490CN automatically lines up the cartridges as well as cleans the printer. This process takes about four mins.
After this, there’s a print quality check followed by software application installation – in other words, setting up the Bro MFC5490CN is a time-consuming process. We additionally had to raise the glass scanner flatbed as well as place the USB cable television, running it along a shallow groove in the printer before closing the cover. Brother says the Sibling MFC5490CN can print black documents at a rate of 35ppm and also color records at 28ppm. Our graphics and even text documents were published in 19 secs. However, in the draft setting, the text was more of a grey color than it was black, and also photos showed up significantly faded and too pixelated. When making use of Normal and also Ideal modes, the colors were vibrant, and the message appeared black instead of charcoal.
See Also: Brother MFC-5840CN Drivers Download
Brother MFC-5490CN Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother MFC-5490CN Drivers Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother MFC-5490CN Drivers Installation For Windows
- Select Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother MFC-5490CN Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother MFC-5490CN
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother MFC-5490CN Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].