Brother MFC-490CW Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The Brother MFC-490CW’s most excellent suit is its thorough connectivity, with Ethernet and USB ports tucked neatly away under the scanner cover. Wireless connectivity is likewise available and also can be started straight from the device. Nonetheless, you can not utilize both network user interfaces simultaneously. The Bro MFC-490CW doesn’t provide automatic duplexing or CD/DVD printing. However, it does offer an automatic paper feeder and media card slots sustaining SD, CompactFlash, MemoryStick, and xD cards, along with a PictBridge-capable USB port. Paper capability is restricted yet adequate for house usage, with a front-facing, 100-sheet paper input cassette and a different 20-sheet picture paper tray. We like the separate trays, as this keeps other sized media different.
The Brother MFC-490CW looks relatively similar to any other Brother printer launched in the last few years. A tilting 3.3 in display screen sits front and center on the printer, with fax controls on the left, as well as duplicate as well as food selection navigating controls on the right. Customers can utilize quick gain access to switches to fax, copy, capture pictures, or scan, making use of different presets. An ink administration button takes users straight to cleaning and also ink condition food selections. Brother prices estimate rates of approximately 33 pages per min for mono pages at 450×150 dots per inch as well as much as 27ppm at 600x150dpi for color printing.
The print engine is a rather basic unit for all-in-ones in this range. However, MFC-490CW can only take standard-yield cartridges. There are high-yield variations of all four cartridges, which fit and also work in the MFC-990CW, examined just recently. We envision Brother has deliberately impaired the use of high-yield cartridges on the MFC-490CW to assist preserve the differential between the two. The control panel has a relatively standard layout, with a fax-dialing pad on the left-hand side and also function keys as well as food selection navigation buttons on the right, together with switches to start and quit a copy or scan task. In the center is a widescreen, color LCD present, with a diagonal of 84mm. The widescreen enables food selection and photo thumbnail watching at the same time.
See Also: Brother MFC-465CN Drivers Download
Brother MFC-490CW Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother MFC-490CW Drivers Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother MFC-490CW Drivers Installation For Windows
- Select Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother MFC-490CW Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother MFC-490CW
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother MFC-490CW Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].