Brother MFC-255CW Driver Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The Brother MFC-255CW measures up to its “multifunction” name by supplying printer, scanning, duplicating, and fax features, making it the type of printer that needs to interest those who work at residence or run a tiny workplace. Thrown into the mix are photo printing capacities, which could appeal more to home individuals than those in the workplace. It has a relatively huge footprint as it encases the paper tray, which fits into the printer’s bottom. It gauges 390 x 365 x 150mm, yet the bigger measurements imply that published paper does not project exceedingly in front of the device, just 50mm approximately shows up. Paper feeds from the tray under the printer to lie on top of the paper tray when completed.
Both paper input and output is from the front of the system. The paper input tray has a 100-sheet capacity. This tray additionally functions as the resulting system assisted by a pull-out extension, which I felt was rather lightweight, although it executes well during the evaluation. Paper out capability is restricted to 50 sheets. This multi-function tool uses 4 ink cartridges covering black, yellow, magenta, and cyan. The ink compartment is conveniently placed on the front of the device.
An A4 flatbed scanner is placed on top of the inkjet printer. This scanner can resolve 1200 x 2400 dpi optical, increasing as much as 19200 x 19200 dpi interpolated. Operating in combination with the printer, the scanner can be used as a copy machine with a color or monochrome selection. You can also use the scanner as the resource gadget for sending out papers via the Fax facility. Faxes can be sent to individuals or multiple numbers (described as broadcasting). Using the latter setting, you can consist of teams, select from the 40 readily available rate dial numbers, and 50 manually dialed numbers. Broadcasting does limit you to a monochrome setting. There is additionally an alternative to include an exterior answer maker device.
See Also: Brother MFC-290C Driver Download
Brother MFC-255CW Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother MFC-255CW Driver Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother MFC-255CW Driver Installation For Windows
- Select the Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
How To Uninstall Brother MFC-255CW Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother MFC-255CW Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].