Brother HL-6180DW Driver Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The Brother HL-6180DW is the most straightforward printer to an arrangement. It’s additionally the hands-down fastest in our round-up when we run our text and graphics benchmarks. Priced at a reputable $300, it provides many nice extras for not a lot of money. The HL-6180DW’s controls, on the other hand, are fundamental. The single-line monochrome LCD and the marginal set of switches, while the penalty for mistake messages and the like, impose restrictions. Entering a passcode for protected print work is so tiresome that individuals will possibly stick to easy four-digit numbers. Brother needs to take into consideration a keypad to make the protected print function less complicated to utilize.
Mounting the HL-6180DW is very easy, yet you’ll require to utilize USB or ethernet briefly during the Wi-Fi setup process if you do not have a WPS router. The software (what little is needed) is exceptional. Brother is one of the minority vendors to have effectively automated the Add Printer feature in OS X. This printer’s schedule is fortunately stabilized by safe printing, a part usually only discovered on higher-end systems. A licensed customer can mark any kind of print task as safe. That individual then assigns a numeric password or PIN to the labor. They can even alter the name of the job to obfuscate its correct function. After that, the task is sent to the printer but not processed until the same user selects it from the neighborhood LCD food selection and goes into the correct code.
The top quality of the HL-6180DW’s output usually is quite excellent. Text is dark and sharp, and we saw no light striations in more significant areas of black. Images render passably. However, they have the graininess that many less-expensive monochrome lasers suffer from. It benefits slightly from using the ‘HQ1200’ or ‘1200DPI’ setups located in the printer dialog box. Graphics output is at the high-end of the same level for mono lasers, making it sufficient for any internal organization requirement. Whether you consider it adequate for the state, PowerPoint handouts will depend mostly on exactly how vital an eye you have.
See Also: Brother HL-6050D Driver Download
Brother HL-6180DW Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother HL-6180DW Driver Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother HL-6180DW Driver Installation For Windows
- Select the Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother HL-6180DW Driver and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother HL-6180DW Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].