Brother HL-5040 Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The HL-5040 has both parallel and also USB 2.0 user interfaces and, at 20,000 pages monthly, the second-highest rated responsibility cycle. Just the Panasonic KX-P7305 is rated higher, at 30,000 web pages. Three other functions that add to its total value are the 250-sheet input tray, optimum memory capability of 136MB, as well as Mac and also COMPUTER compatibility. The HL-5040 has a fairly high expense per web page, nevertheless, at 2.9 cents– an unfavourable, in our publication. Setting up the Brother HL-5040, which is both Mac and COMPUTER compatible and also has USB and parallel-port links (no cables), is pleasantly simple.
The Brother HL-5040’s print chauffeurs’ main display is organized into three basic tabs: Basic, Advanced, as well as Assistance. Fundamental lets you set criteria such as paper dimension as well as a resource, Advanced has a jumble of tabs for every little thing from readjusting print quality to hand-operated duplexing to setting the bedtime, and also Assistance web links to Brother’s Internet site, along with to check pages for printer setups and also typefaces. The chauffeurs are a little cluttered as well as clumsy, but they’re simple sufficient to navigate and recognize.
The HL-5040 did quite well on our speed tests. Its 12.5 pages per min (ppm) on graphics matched the efficiency of the $1,000, large-business-oriented Xerox Phaser 4400N, and with 13.9 ppm on text, it was faster than any other printer in the $300 price array. PCL 6 emulation enables a range of resident typefaces, which can be fantastic for providing this slow-moving gadget with that little boost in speed. Acceptable paperweights are likewise helpful for the common tray which is compatible with 16 to 28 lb, regrettably, the bypass tray can just run with as much as 43 lbs, suggesting card stock runs out the concern.
See Also: Brother HL-5470DWT Drivers Download
Brother HL-5040 Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother HL-5040 Drivers Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother HL-5040 Drivers Installation For Windows
- Select Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother HL-5040 Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother HL-5040 Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].