Brother HL-4040CN Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The Brother HL-4040CN Laser Printer supplies fast, great colour printing for your desktop or small office. With print speeds up to 21 web pages per min in both shade and monochrome, you can swiftly and set you back effectively produce presentations, records, sales brochures or files. It supplies print resolutions up to 2400×600 dpi, quickly generating shade records with a sharp message and brilliant graphics. The setup process is easy and thoroughly recorded in a printed guide and animated video clips on the included CD. Locate a friend to help you raise the printer, though: at about 28.9 kg (according to Brother’s specifications), it’s much heavier than a lot of equally complete colour lasers.
At default setups, the HL-4040CN published capably. Its rates– typical overall– varied from 19.3 web pages per min (ppm) for the plain black message to 4.2 ppm for graphics. Text in all tested typefaces looked completely crisp. Colour pictures erred on the yellow side; images looked grainy, especially on glossy laser paper. Utilizing the vehicle driver’s “Penalty (2400dpi course)” setting enhanced pictures visibly. Brother should have kudos for its software program, which includes an extensive, well-illustrated customer guide (in HTML and PDF) and interactive help documents and a dynamic condition monitor. The driver supplies an excellent supply of printing options.
Photo high quality was certainly good enough for printing out Websites with pictures on them. You might– or may not– likewise, take into consideration the HL-4040CN’s photos as good enough for outputting points such as client newsletters. In images, I saw visible dithering in the form of both graininess and light patterns, in addition to a distinctive yellow colour change that took complexion and also various other colours out of the world of the sensibly reasonable. One other possible issue is the HL-4040CN’s paper-handling. The printer’s 300-sheet input capacity, separated right into a 250-sheet drawer as well as a 50-sheet paper tray, appropriates for personal usage or light-duty use in a tiny workplace. However, no additional trays are available if you need them, and there’s no duplexer alternative for printing on both sides of the web page.
See Also: Brother HL-4070CDW Driver Download
Brother HL-4040CN Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother HL-4040CN Drivers Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother HL-4040CN Drivers Installation For Windows
- Select Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother HL-4040CN Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother HL-4040CN Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].