Brother HL-3170CDW Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The Brother HL-3170CDW is a digital-LED printer, rather than a laser printer. The distinction is in the kind of light beam utilized to obtain the toner onto the paper. LEDs are less expensive, while lasers can offer much better top quality, but the differences are subtle. That’s the rate of the Brother HL-3170CDW, and also in exchange, it supplies reasonably excellent prints. Not beautiful, expressive colour graphics– go on to an additional printer for that. However, good text and suitable place colour can do, and the printer toner expenses are also tolerable.
Determining 16.1 inches large by 18.3 inches deep by 9.4 inches broad and weighing 39 pounds, the HL-3170CDW is huge and sturdy for an entry-level, laser-class printer (it utilizes LED technology to create basically similar results). The elevation is due more to the piled toner/drum system than the bottom-mounted, 250-sheet paper cassette. There’s additionally a 100-sheet outcome tray incorporated right into the top of the system, as well as a single-sheet hand-operated feed for envelopes as well as shiny photo paper. The unit prints immediately in duplex.
There’s no reason to make a big deal concerning control panels on single-function printers, as many people hardly ever utilize them after setup mores than. (Multifunctions are one more tale.) Yet the HL-3170CDW’s control board could certainly utilize a devoted menu button. Using the ALRIGHT switch for this purpose is unintuitive and also uncomfortable, an unnecessary edge cut. Or else, the single-line black and white LCD show, as well as controls, are simple sufficient. The HL-3170CDW’s configuration was a breeze—the device sporting activities USB, ethernet, and Wi-Fi connectivity. There’s a full range of cordless and e-mail printing features, consisting of AirPrint and both the PC and Mac driver dialogues use a bunch of choices.
Brother HL-3170CDW Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother HL-3170CDW Drivers Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother HL-3170CDW Drivers Installation For Windows
- Select Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother HL-3170CDW Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother HL-3170CDW Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].