Brother DCP-J140W Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The DCP-J140W is a squat tool that can attach to a single PC via a USB connection or be signed up with a cordless network for sharing amongst some individuals. With a simple LCD and also up/down tricks, getting in a network passkey is a bit of a fumble. However, it’s or else simple to set up. The 100-sheet paper input tray seems extra robust than we have seen on several of Brother’s various other printers. It also dealt perfectly with a stack of paper that we had stored so awkwardly that it had established a pronounced curve. Bro declares that the DCP-J140W can print as much as 33 black web pages per minute (ppm) or 27 in color.
This includes a single-line, 16-character LCD present and a straightforward selection of 13 switches to control all its functions. Although the LCD is minimalist, Brother has done well to utilize it in 3 components to reveal augmentation, duplicate top quality, as well as a variety of duplicates, by default. There are a couple of places where control is made unpleasant by the small screen. A lot of Sibling all-in-one sporting activity SD and also MemoryStick slots in their front panels, yet not the DCP-J140W. There’s no facility for publishing photos from a card or USB drive as well as the only physical link is through the machine’s conventional, inner USB socket.
Just draft-quality prints emerged with any rush, the brother clocking up a commendable 14.3 ppm, yet quality was dreadful, with washed-out, virtually dot-matrix-like text. Upping the high quality to typical better issues somewhat, but, despite the blacker message, the high quality was still really harsh compared to the competition. Even worse yet, speed plunged to a lethargic 5ppm. Running prices can not rescue this inkjet: A4 monoprints are 6.7 c, and color ones a costly 21.6 c. Photo printing is much too expensive: each 6 x 4in print winds up setting you back a massive 50c, as well as costs only drop to this level if you get the most inexpensive multipack of inks you can discover.
See Also: Brother DCP-J152W Drivers Download
Brother DCP-J140W Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother DCP-J140W Drivers Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother DCP-J140W Drivers Installation For Windows
- Select the Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
How To Uninstall Brother DCP-J140W Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother DCP-J140W
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother DCP-J140W Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].