Brother DCP-6690CW Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The Brother DCP-6690CW resembles a medium-sized service copy machine, but with broader paper trays both for paper feed and also the Automatic File Feeder on top. The high-gloss on the cover to the ADF folds open to provide paper assistance and scanned web pages to the top of the scanner printer cover. The scanner on the DCP-6690CW flatbed is A3 size, so the maker has full A3 check as well as duplicate facilities as well as an A3 print. The control panel is remarkably free of switches, partially since this maker has no fax centers, however mostly due to its widescreen, touch-sensitive LCD panel. The touchscreen is easy to use and favorable to the touch, with a beeped reaction per digital button-press.
The two large paper trays in front of the maker are both expanding. This indicates if you only sometimes print or duplicate A3 pages, you can leave the trays enclosed their A4 setting as well as save a fair bit of desk real estate. Both the trays and also their covers are telescopic. In Bro’s standard charming method, the USB and also Ethernet outlets are fitted deep inside the device, so you have to hinge the scanner section up and also reeve the cable televisions round to reach them. This is awkward when establishing or moving the equipment, so most people will most likely pick the cordless connection.
The print top quality is just reasonable. The black message has a distinctly grey appearance, in contrast with inkjets from Canon, HP, or Lexmark, and there’s some fuzz around characters, produced by ink bleed into the paper fibers. Colour graphics are reasonable, though shades are a little subdued and even more so in shade copies. Photo prints are remarkably great for equipment that is planned mainly for the workplace. Colors are natural and vary efficiently from shade to color. There’s plenty of information, though some darker shades are lost to black. A full-page, A3 print looked good, though it did take just under 7 minutes to finish.
See Also: Brother DCP-J125 Drivers Download
Brother DCP-6690CW Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother DCP-6690CW Drivers Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother DCP-6690CW Drivers Installation For Windows
- Select Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
How To Uninstall Brother DCP-6690CW Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother DCP-6690CW
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother DCP-6690CW Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].