Brother DCP-385C Drivers Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – All Brother MFPs maintain a nearly identical architecture, only changing the coating and adding options as they go. The Brother 385C is a mid-range model with a color LCD screen and separate cartridges. Advertised speeds are high, as is resolution. A surprising detail: the size of the most delicate droplets is announced at 1.5 picoliters when Canon drops to 0.5 picoliters. You can fear a lower accuracy of the photo. Another concern: Brother offers two cartridge capacities, standard or XL, the latter being the most economical. However, this 385C does not accept XL. Therefore you have to pay a high price for the ink. The DCP-385C is dressed in a white and gray dress, in which the interface takes up little space.
Brother promises 30 pages per minute (ppm). The characters are sketchy, and the black is superficial. In normal mode, in texts, the black remains too light, and the drops are slightly visible. In a standard way, the device is too slow: 4.4 ppm in color and 4.5 ppm in monochrome in our test documents. Brother did not want to change the performance of the printer as the 330-C (old model) already offered the same speeds. Of course, it is below the average, which is 6/7 ppm. In graphics, substantial areas are homogeneous, characters are moderately precise (visible drops), and colors are less faithful; the reproduced tones are darker.
The paper tray on this printer, which can hold up to 100 sheets of plain paper, slides entirely into the device, with only a small, stretchable paper plug to catch the finished pages. This printer machine has a separate tray for photo blanks, although it must be pushed forward manually after removing the paper cartridge and also before you can print photos from it. This. Print quality has never been a strong suit, but the Brother DCP-385C does not reproduce the black text. It is clean and dark and quite acceptable for general home and small business use. Colors on plain paper are subdued and do little to attract attention, but a color photocopy can produce a reasonable facsimile of the original, without the colors fading much further.
See Also: Brother MFC-J5520DW Drivers Download
Brother DCP-385C Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother DCP-385C Drivers Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother DCP-385C Drivers Installation For Windows
- Select the Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
How To Uninstall Brother DCP-385C Drivers and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother DCP-385C
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother DCP-385C Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].