Brother DCP-165C Driver Manual, Software Download, Scanner, Wireless Setup, Install, Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac Os, Linux – The Brother DCP-165C is a small color inkjet multifunction printer with a built-in media card facility. This is Brothers’ present entry-level equipment as well as commonly retails at around ₤ 50-₤ 60. The 195, as well as 197, are essentially the same maker as well as the only point that sets the two apart is the added Optical Character Recognition software included in the DCP-195C. As a multifunction printer, it likewise has a scanner as well as copier, and also the media card center permits you to publish straight from SD, xD, Memory Stick or MMC card.
It comes with every little thing you need to obtain you up and running (ink, software, a power line) except a USB cable so ensure you either have a USB A-B cable from your old printer or you purchase one in addition to the printer. When it concerns establishing the printer up it is extremely simple as you merely plug in the power cable as well as run the USB cable via the network situated under the scanner bed. With many os, it will certainly grab the printer automatically and also configure it for you but if you would rather install the software application anyhow or have it lead you via the installment software application is consisted of.
As the Brother description appropriately mentions this is an extremely small machine as rather than a gravity-fed paper popular in various other inkjet printers it takes the paper from the constructed-in paper tray. The downside to this being the paper needs to transform 180 degrees inside the printer and it can only handle paper with an optimum thickness of 220gsm as a result. The Brother DCP-195C takes extremely sensible sized cartridges with the high capacity units containing 25ml for the black and also 12ml for every one of the colors. As these cartridges are additionally un-chipped you will deal with little/no resistance if you decide to make use of compatible cartridges in your printer as the printer simply will not know. This makes this printer an extremely low-cost and also difficulty-free printer to run.
See Also: Brother DCP-395CN Driver Download
Brother DCP-165C Scanner, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Brother DCP-165C Driver Compatibility Information
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP (32-bit), Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.12 (Mac Os Sierra), Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac OS 10.15, Linux OS (32-bit), Linux (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04 / Debian: 6.0, 7.0 / Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20 / OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1.
Brother DCP-165C Driver Installation For Windows
- Select the Blue Downloads Button in the menu and the list of recent software downloaded files will open.
- Install the download by clicking on the name of the file.
- To open the folder that contains the downloaded files on your computer, click on the “Open download folder” link on the right side of the page.
- The folder containing your download will now be open.
- Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
How To Uninstall Brother DCP-165C Driver and Software
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Click (Start) > All Programs > Brother > Brother Utilities
Windows® 8 and Windows Server® 2012
- Tap or click (Brother Utilities) either on the Start screen or the desktop.
Windows® 8.1 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Start screen and click (if you are using a touch-based device, swipe up from the bottom of the Start screen to bring up the Apps screen).
- When the Apps screen appears, tap, or click (Brother Utilities).
Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2016
- Choose Start > Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Click the drop-down list, and then select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to uninstall the software and drivers.
How To Scan On Brother
- Make sure you have installed the Brother software and drivers.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly, or that you are connected to the network using your wireless access point/ router.
- Load your document.
- Press (SCAN) on the printer button
- Click a or b to select the [to PC] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [to File] option, and then press OK.
- If the machine is connected over the network, press a or b to select the computer where you want to send data, and then press OK.
- Change the scan settings you want to change, such as scan type, resolution, file type, and document size, if needed. When finished press OK.
- Press Mono Start or Colour Start.
Brother DCP-165C Wireless Network Setup
- For Mac, click Driver Download to go to the Brother Solutions Center. Follow the on-screen instructions to install printer drivers.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi), and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using One Push Method of Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- Press a or b to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Choose a or b to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press a or b to select the [WPS] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, press b to select On. This will start the wireless setup wizard. To cancel, press a.
- When the LCD displays [Press Key on rtr], press the WPS button on your wireless access point/router. Press an on the machine’s control panel. Your machine will automatically detect your wireless access point/ router and try to connect to your wireless network.
- If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine’s LCD displays [Connected].